Ministry of Road Transport & Highways Status of Expressways to be Constructed Posted On: 19 JUL 2021 3:57PM by PIB Delhi At present, imple
Ministry of Road Transport & Highways
Status of Expressways to be Constructed
Posted On: 19 JUL 2021 3:57PM by PIB Delhi
At present, implementation of 7 expressways having length of 2507 km has been taken up. Out of 2507 kms, 440 km has been completed. Ministry has issued detailed guidelines dated 03.06.2020 for providing relief due to COVID pandemic. The details of relief provided to Contractors / Concessionaires /Consultants to mitigate the delay & ease in financial situation are as under:
- Release of Retention Money in proportion to the work already executed.
- Release of Performance Guarantee on pro-rata basis.
- Extension of time to Contractors/Concessionaires/Consultants.
- Relaxation in Schedule-H to provide monthly payment.
- Direct payment to approved Sub-Contractor.
- Waiver of penalty for delay in submission of Performance Security.
- Provision for submission of Bid Security in bid document has been relaxed.
All these relief measures were made available upto 31st December, 2020 except relaxation in Schedule-H (Sr. No. iv above) which was extended upto 30th June, 2021.
This information was given by Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways, Shri Nitin Jairam Gadkari in a written reply in the Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID: 1736770) Visitor Counter : 161